A Library of Facet Property Sets

Dear Marton,

When adding facet properties to an imported CAD geometry, I often find myself repeatedly selecting the same set of properties to apply them to various facets.

One solution is to add facets to selection groups, and then apply facet parameters to the whole selection group at once.

An alternative would be to provide groups of facet parameters as “presets” that one could use to change some or all facet parameters with one click. As an example of this behavior, here is a dialog from Adobe Lightroom that lets users define a named preset that will apply only the selected settings to other items:

My primary use for this feature is for transparent facets, for which I often have to change several properties.

Speaking of transparent facets, I have a question: if the opacity is 0 and the accommodation coefficient is 1, do particles that pass through the facet change temperature or not?

Thanks as always,
Alec

Thanks for the suggestion, noted. Molflow’s GUI framework was written in 2007 and it’s pushing its limits, but we’ll add this to the suggestion list.
As for the accomodation coefficient: no, if the opacity is 0, there is no interaction with the facet at all (except the special case of texture recording if “count transparent” flag is on)