AbsPower and AbsFlux of facets

I think there is a bug at the Simulation section with the AbsPower and AbsFlux of the facets. After opening the texture scaling window and changing from Flux (ph/s/cm^2) to Power (W/cm^2) the values in AbsPower and AbsFlux change.
Picture 1 before changing →

Picture 2: after changing →

Hello David:
I am not sure I understand your claim, since it seems to me that everything’s normal. The first figure shows the Flux density, the second one the power density. It is normal that they look different, the distribution of the former and of the latter are not the same, due to the angular dependency of the SR fan. Most low energy photons (flux) are generated at large vertical angles, while most of the power is confined in a small vertical angle.
Anyway, if you think that the problem is the numerical values, then only way for us to help you is if you attach the syn7z file, with photon sources (regions).
Cheers.

I think David refers to the facet hit list on the bottom right, indeed the facet values are different whereas they shouldn’t be:
Screen Shot 2021-03-09 at 3.59.51 PM
VS
Screen Shot 2021-03-09 at 4.00.14 PM
David, you cropped out the titlebar, which Synrad version is it?
Also, if you can share either the model or a minimal part of it that reproduces the error, we’d be thankful and we’ll investigate. FYI, I tested with one of my own models and I couldn’t reproduce the bug.
Cheers, Marton

OK, didn’t notice that, sorry… but the “dose” field does not show any values at all, meaning that the file has just been loaded, maybe it needs to run a bit in order to update the values?
I’ve tried to replicate something like that on v 1.4.27 beta9… but didn’t get anything similar.

Hello David,
what you’re seeing here is likely a delayed refresh to the correct values (only triggered manually e.g. by switching the texture scaling mode, as you did in Picture 2).
I assume that you changed the calculation mode (Powerwise → Fluxwise) in the first screenshot, which resulted in an uninitialized factor for the absolute power/flux calculation, later getting corrected (manually in your case).

Switching the texture scaling method wasn’t the actual issue here. For the coming update, I’ll provide a fix. Until then I hope you can workaround that interface bug.

Hello everyone
I am using Synrad version 1.4.30. It only occurs after closing the simulation and opening it again. After running the simulation, the values stay the same (the ones from the first picture).
It’s only a minor issue, but if I want to open the simulation at a meeting to show the AbsPower at a certain facet and after opening the texture scaling window this value changes, this is a little bit unfortunate :slight_smile:
I didn’t change the calculation mode, it was fluxwise from the beginning.
@maarton I will send you an Email with the syn7z file.
Regards, David