Cannot open file for reading

Hi all,
I directly click on the compressed package, run Molflow+.exe and then import the ASCII STL file to display “cannot open file for reading”. What should I do? Thank you

Dear YongQiang,
welcome to the forum and thanks for posting about an issue concerning Molflow.
Is it an issue for you to properly extract the whole package and launch Molflow.exe from a dedicated folder?
Launching Molflow from a package directly can mess around with the filepath, when loading a file, which is likely the problem in your case. I would assume that you are using Windows 10 with the default explorer to run Molflow, or do you use some other archiving tool to view the compressed package?

Best regards,
Pascal

HI,I downloaded the 2.8.3 version of the compressed package from the official website, and then unzipped it on the c drive. My computer is Windows7. Then I clicked on Molflow+.exe directly in the decompressed file, and then I imported the stl file, but the “cannot open file for reading” situation appeared. Can you tell me the correct way to open Molflow+? Thank you!

The error in general means, the file can either not be found or is read-protected.
Did you check the file path/file name in the error message, whether it is correct?
Where is the STL file located? Do you access it via a network drive or something? Has it been opened in an external viewer/editor before? Please try to put the STL file in the same folder as Molflow.exe and see if you are still encountering the problem.

Dear Pascal Rene Baehr
Thank you! The problem has been solved. I renamed the STL file and placed it in Molflow+.exe, and it was suitable. It takes time to just start school.