Creating new facets

Hi,

Sometimes in an existing model when I am trying to create a new facet from existing vertices as the result of the operation I get a 1 dimensional facet (point).

For example in an existing model I want to create a rectangular new facet. I select 4 vertices then click  'Vertex->Create facet from selected' and instead of the rectangular facet I get a point.

As I said on some geometries this procedure workas fine but in some cases is not giving the expected results.

Cheers,

Dear Marek,
Could you send me a geometry file where this problem occurs?
I’ll see to it!
Thanks

Thank you for the file and the very clear instructions to reproduce the bug. It is now solved.

For your info, it happened with facets that were very thin and long. When creating a new facet, all vertice coordinates have to be recalculated into the facet’s own coordinate system (projection to plane), and its base vectors are chosen the most perpendicularly possible. In a thin and long facet, the vector connecting vertex0 and vertex1 is almost parallel to the one between vertex0 and vertex2, thus Molflow re-creates a new, arbitrary one. This “new base vector” algorithm contained a bug which is, thanks to your help, now solved.

I’ll upload the new version in a few minutes.