Export selected textures, value column header

I would like to suggest to add the name of the output quantity for the ‘Value’ column in the ‘Export selected textures’ output file.

thanks

Thank you, noted.
It is possible that we’ll rework the export features completely, since the function has other requests as well.

Hello,
I am wondering how to export the data of time dependent simulation? For example in the documentation page " Time-dependent basics" you plot the results data in excel and compare against theory. I would like to do the same (pressure data against time) but I am not able to do that…Can you give an hint? Thanks a lot!

Hello Pierluigi, and thanks for inquiring on our website.
It is simple: once you have either the “Timewise plotter” or the “Pressure evolution” windows open you can copy the data which are visualized by right-clicking with the mouse pointer on the window, and then doing “Copy to Clipboard” and then pasting in Excel or other similar program.
Easy!

Thanks a lot Roberto! That was quite easy in fact :sweat_smile:
thanks also for having developed Molflow+!

You are welcome, Pierluigi.
I see that you work also on ITER: I worked in the Vacuum Pumping Group, Fuel Cycle Division, for a bit more than 2 years, 2009-2011. Great progress in the last 10 years.
Don’t hesitate to come back in case you’d need further assistance.
Cheers.

Hi Roberto, yes the assembly has now started at ITER and we are progressing quite fast now. I guess that back in 2009 the pace was quite different!
I would like to use Molflow to model the pressure distribution along the ITER neutral beam injectors. Moreover, I think that since we deal with neutral atom beams there, in principle we could use Molflow also to asses the power loading on the different surfaces… I have a couple of ideas in this sense… maybe I will come back to you in future to discuss them :slight_smile:
thanks again and have a nice weekend.
Pierluigi

Hello,

I thought of an addition to the Export Selected Textures function. It would be good if you could include a lower cut-off so that when I’m exporting Power Density from illuminated surfaces, I can omit values below 0.01 W/mm^2 for example. It would reduce file size and save time on data manipulation when importing into other packages for heat load calcs.

Many Thanks,

Stephen

We had a lot of requests about the export window, i.e. to omit/include zeroes, to export along a curve, etc.
Most of these requests are mathematically/programmatically easy, but the outdated GUI framework requires a lot of work to add new dialogs. We’ve added this to the to-do list, thanks for the feedback. On the longer term we plan to change a few windows to a new framework, DearIMGUI, @pbahr is already working on it and showed impressive working prototypes.

Hi Marton, thank you for considering this.