Facets that can be in multiple structures

I have a vacuum system made of long tubes separated by apertures so it natural to it break into separate structures to improve computational performance. However, I would like to get a pressure profile along the whole length through multiple structures. Currently I have to have separate transparent analysis facets in each structure and stitch the data together in excel…pain in the ass. If a facet could be in multiple structures (comma delimited list) then it could solve my problem.

Hello Alan,

This can already be achieved through an undocumented feature: putting “all” in the structure field will add the facet to all structures. It was added exactly for your use case (sampling facet spanning through multiple structures):
Screenshot 2023-01-06 at 9.16.33 AM

It will be relatively easy to add support for your proposed comma-separated list, that also supports ranges. The Select facet by number already supports such a field, so I can copy-paste the parsing code…

Cheers, Marton

Hello Alan, and happy new year to you.

You simply use the same facet copied all along the N different structures for each structure, and then add up the N the vectors of the pressure profile or texture elements.
Each of the N structures will have zeros along the profile or textures at locations outside of the respective structures, but that’s not va problem at all.
Cheers.

Happy New Years. Yes, “All” works just fine for this case, thanks. You should add it to the documentation when you get a chance :slight_smile: