Loading files on Mac version

Hi,

I use Mac and I tried to upload STL or GEO files but it doesn't work!!

Does someone experience the same problem?

I tested with the files from the Windows version. I was surprise do not be able to load STL files on the Mac version.

Marcelo

I tested the Linux version and it opened all files correctly. I don't have a Mac at hand but will try to help. Does the same file open on Windows? What exactly is the error message? Which Molflow version is it?

Is there a file that is non confidential and you can upload here that reproduces the error? Are you sure that the STL is exported in ASCII (as opposed to binary) format?

Hi,

I'm facing the same problem with the Linux version (Ubuntu 18.04). A pop-up appears and complains about null polygon found.

Everything goes well with the Windows version.

I uploaded a STL file here:

/sites/molflow.web.cern.ch/files/u341/LWU.stl

Regards.

I tested now and your file loaded fine. It's also ubuntu 18.04. Are you using the latest version (2.7.6)?

Yes, I'm using the last version.

This popup appears just after the unit selection step.

I still can't reproduce, the file loads fine on Mac:

Are you sure the file is really STL, and not let's say STL.txt with hidden extension?

I'm downloading the file you attached and test it on different computers with fresh Molflow installs and regardless of the operating system it opens. If you're on Mac, can you preview the STL file with space in Finder?

Sorry, my excuses, I replied about the Mac version whereas you're on Ubuntu.

I'll check again with a fresh virtual machine and report back, so far I can't reproduce the bug.

Dear Florian,

Today I've downloaded the Ubuntu ISO and made a brand new fresh install (18.04).

I've also downloaded Molflow, your STL file.

It loaded without problems:

As I can't reproduce the bug on any environment I'll not investigate further.

Hi,

Today, I tested with the windows version + Wine on the same computer and same file, and everything was fine.

Anyway, it's not problem for me since I have also acces to a Winwdows computer. If I figure out what is going on, I'll post here.

In any case, thanks for your help.

Regards.

If someone is coming here later: these issues were likely caused by the operating systems’s locale defining , (comma) as decimal separator instead of . (dot)

Molflow follows the regional settings, but STL files are probably not.

In Windows, you can change the separator:
Windows Control Panel | Region and Language | Formats | Additional settings…

We are checking if we can force US locale (with . decimal) in future versions.