Memorized selection problems

Hello,

I have memorized several facets and this works fine. However, if I delete a facet (not related to the memorized facets) which has a smaller facet number, then the memorized selection gets messed up.

Version 2.7.10

Cheers,
Simon

Hello Simon,

I couldn’t reproduce the bug on a pipe with 100 facets. I had a selection of facets 5,6,7 and after deleting facet 1 it became 4,5,6.
What exactly does messed up mean? Do you have an example geometry or example facet numbers, before and after the deletion?

Hello Marton,

You are right, I also tried to reproduce the bug on purpose, but now it worked as it should.

I noticed this issue twice when I was generating my geometry by creating and deleting facets. There, the memorized selection was changed at some point, meaning that the selection included now some new facets while excluding others, which were included in the first place.

If this issue comes up again, I will try to document it properly.

Thank you for getting back.
Even if one test went fine, it is possible that the renumbering algorithm can make mistakes.
I mark this as solved but if you find a reproducable selection mess-up when deleting, comment again and I’ll have a look.
Have a nice weekend, Marton