Molflow not working correctly on Linux

Hello,

I am trying to use Molflow on Linux Mint 20.1, but I have some severe problems.

1. If I load a geometry, which was working very well on Windows, it does not load it correctly. Here a screenshot:

What you see are strange, edgy shapes, instead of a nice pipe as displayed in Windows:
    I tested it with several geometries.

2. The program freezes and crashes if I want to open a certain file. I can open other files without crashing, but only with the issues described in point 1.

To clarify, all tested files work properly on Windows.

Hello Simon,

What are the regional settings (or locale) on your Linux?

Just asking as German locale has a comma as decimal separator and we had similar issues before.

Thank you, Marton

PS Can you share a file that freezes on open?

Hi Marton,

Thanks for the quick reply!

Indeed, it is a problem with the regional settings. I tried to open a file from my Linux PC on a Windows PC and had the same issues.

I cannot change the regional settings at the moment without restarting, but I can check it tomorrow. Would there be another option to set the regional setting in Molflow manually?

Thank you Simon for the feedback.
Let us know if changing the decimal separator to . fixes the issue.
We are aware of the issue, but curiously there’s no easy way (that we’re aware of) to force regional settings in C++. We’ll keep looking and thanks for your understanding.
Marton

Simon, just a small update after consulting my colleague @pbahr : he is working on version 2.9, which will include a fix for this. Please set the decimal to . until it comes out as a workaround, and sorry for this inconvenience. I mark this thread as “solved” but if the bug persists with English locale, feel free to report back.

Hi Marton,

It works now after changing the regional settings. Also for the file which caused a crash before.
Thanks a lot!