MolflowCLI particle logger

Hi, when I use molFlowCLI, how can I retrieve the particle logger information for a specific facet?

The particle logger is an on the fly debugger, meaning you don’t have to restart the simulation to log, and this is why its logging capacity is limited (100k hits by default). There is no CLI interface, it’s only available in the GUI. We use it very rarely, so maybe if you tell us what your measurement goal is, we can suggest a workaround.

Hello! Thank you very much for your response. I would like to obtain the distribution of the time when particles hit a specific facet, preferably with the exact time for each particle hitting that facet, rather than a pre-binned histogram.

Thanks for the explanation. Although the histogram plotter can have an arbitrarily high number of bins, if you need the exact hit times, then indeed you need to use the particle logger in the GUI.

Thank you again, so how can I get a histogram plotter in CLI mode?

The CLI is for automating tasks, post-processing must be done either in the GUI or manually. If for some reason you don’t want to use the GUI, open the zip/xml file of the results and you’ll see the histogram data in human-readable format.