Parameter sweep over strokes - Scripting possible?

Hello together,

In different projects I have to calculate the conductance at different strokes.
Usually I move a plate by using of the selection memorize and facet move. The conductance is calculated by the formular editor.

I have seen the scripting possibilies and i wonder if it is possible with the scripting interface to perform a sweep over the valve hub and calculate the conductance. A calculation of x minutes per step should be also set. Afterwards saving the conductance in text file.

Can someone help me or give me an hint how to solve this?

Best regards

Hello T W,

Can you help us understand the terminology?
What do you refer to as “stroke”?

Do you have a drawing or a screenshot to understand how the “valve hub” looks like, and where the plate moves?

I think there is a way to do this with playing with opacity values, but I need to understand the details.

Thank you, Marton

Hi Marton,

thanks for your reply.
I think this picture will clarify my request.

Your idea with the opacity could be good. With his i could insert the plate at the different position and switch the opacity during the sweep.

Is there a way to access the results from the formular editor?

Thank you

Since you can’t move facets programmatically, indeed your only option is to toggle their opacity with the script, see details here.

The formula editor is not accessible, so you can do two things:

• Once your sweep is over, you open the results one by one in the GUI and read the formulas there (still faster than launching the simulations one by one)
  • You use the --writeFacetDetails parameter to export facet details (including Monte Carlo hits) which allow you to get the transmission probability
  • To run x minutes per step, you use the --time parameter, for example --time 600 for 10 minutes per step

Many thanks, Marton. This help me a lot.

Have a nice weekend.