Particles are trapped in volume

Hello,

I imported a simple vacuum setup from an stl file to Molflow and everything looks fine. However, when I let some gas into the system it gets very quickly trapped at some point or even inside an closed electrode (it shouldn't be possible for the gas to go into the electrode). Then the simulation does not continue since it tracks still the trapped particle.

I tried it already several times while simplyfying the system more and more with the same outcome.

Is there a possibility to prevent the trapping or to find out which facets have an unwanted opening?

Thanks in advance!

Simon

Since it's a modeling issue, there's no generic way to solve it, but some hints:

- When the simulation is running, order the bottom right facet list by number of hits (by clicking on the hits column). If a select number of facets have suspiciously high number of hits, then the particles are trapped between those

- If this is not the issue (you know where the particles are trapped, just not how they get there), I recommend to go to volume view, make some facets transparent to see the electrode body, and rotate the light with ALT+right_click_drag, then the light will be different on small gaps and wrongly oriented facets.

Good luck!