Problems trying to run webinar simulation

Hi, can I get help there? I wanted to try to make a geometry calculation more complex than a pipe. I watched the video Molflow webinar - “Basic simulation of an RF cavity” and did everything like there, but I got an error: “Cannot open file for readind …”. How can I fix it? Thank you.

Welcome to the molflow forum!
Could you please provide is with further details on when exactly the error comes up?
Also, what operating system and Molflow version are you running?

I do everything as in the video: file-> load-> I select the file->I select what to measure the length-> and then a window appears: “Cannot open file for readind “name of file”. I have a windows and Molflow+ 2.8.4.

To be clear, are you about to open rf3.stl?
Can you open any other file, like one that you save as a test?

One thing that I can think of is that you’re in a Windows locale where the decimal separator is not . (dot)

I I tried to open rfcavity.stl. As for saving files, I can’t save the file either: when saving, a window appears: "Cannot open file for writing “name of file” ".

I’m not sure where “rfcavity.stl” is, as the tutorial doesn’t have that file on this page, linked from the Youtube video and from the webinar page.

Anyway, the problem is probably outside Molflow, as you don’t seem to have read/write permission on the local filesystem. I’m not perfectly sure as your Open file dialog apparently allows you to browse to the given location. I advise to test if you can create a file or directory at the location where you try to read from and write to (outside of Molflow, with Windows default file browser).

• What is the full path?
  • Does the error message really contain “name of file” in it?

To be precise, I did not take the file from the manual. I tried to open the file from the manual, but it opens in text format, as an array of text, I copied this text from the manual website and saved it on my desktop in the txt format, then opened in molflow the same thing happened as before

Maybe the problem is that I do not have CAD - programs to open?

if you have read/write permission indeed, this could be an encoding problem on Windows. Can you move the file in question to a folder/path that doesn’t contain any special characters (your username for that matter). Some place like C:\Tmp\rfcavity.stl
Could you verify this please?

Finally it worked! Thank you very much! :grinning: