Saving facets created using Convex Hull and memorized selections

Hello and thanks for the great support so far.

I created a number of facets using the Vertex->Create Facet from Selected->Convex Hull. That worked fine and I saved the file, but when I read the file back in, it would seem that the newly created facets were no longer there. Also all the created facets were memorized using Selection->Memorize selection to, but the memorized selection was also not saved. Have I made a mistake?

I am currently using version 2.8.7.

Thanks
Chris

Hello Chris,

Is it a one-off or is it reproducible?
Are you sure that it wasn’t a file saving error (maybe the timestamp could tell that the file wasn’t saved, after all)?

I tried now (on my home Mac, not on Windows though), and it worked as expected with 2.8.7:

Hello Marton,
Thanks for the video. I tried it myself and it worked with simple test example. After a little further work, I see for my initial problem, there is a message which says:
1 null polygon(s) found !
These polygons have all vertices in a single line, thus they do nothing !
Delete them ?

If I click OK, the newly created facet is removed (it is circular). However, if I click cancel, the facet is still there - so I guess I should just click cancel - but it seems that the message in the dialog box isn’t quite right ?

Best Wishes
Chris

This is interesting, as the facet you manually created should NOT be identified as NULL.
I recently changed the detection threshold, and maybe it’s a bug.
Could you please attach here the file with the facet that pops up the message?
I’ll check the code why it’s misidentified.
Thank you very much, Marton

Test_FacetCreate_v8.zip (18.9 KB)
Hi Marton, Attached is a simplified version of my model. The circular features were previously turned into facets.
Best Wishes
Chris

Many thanks for noticing and reporting this.
As suspected, this was caused by a faulty collienarity detection condition.
I’ve fixed it and released 2.8.8, if you encounter the bug again, let me know.
Cheers, Marton

Hi Marton,
If I click on the download link from the webpage, it still seems to download version 2.8.7.

Thanks
Chris

Indeed, I made a copy-paste mistake, but thankfully you caught it right away :slight_smile: Fixed now!