Time dependent outgassing configuration through CLI

Hello, Marton. I hope you’re doing well. I wanted to ask for your assistance regarding a task I’m working on. I need to perform several simulations using various time-varying outgassing configurations that I have already set up in .csv format. I would greatly appreciate it if you could guide me on how to automate this process through the command-line interface (CLI). Thank you for your help in advance.

Hello Gustavo,

The CLI can modify constant outgassing values, but not parameters. You have two options:

1. You import the CSV files with the gui, assign the imported outgassing to the facets still within the GUI, and save the file. Then you use the CLI to automatically run each version.
  2. You modify the outgassing parameter directly in Molflow’s XML file, to follow your CSV files.

A parameter definition is straightforward and human-readable, for example the time-outgassing pairs [1 ms - 0 mbar.l/s]; [2 ms - 1 mbar.l/s] are written like this:

<Parameter id="0" name="outgassing" nbMoments="2" logXinterp="false" logYinterp="false">
	<Moment id="0" t="0.001" value="0" />
	<Moment id="1" t="0.002" value="1" />
</Parameter>

For this, I recommend to assign a dummy outgassing in the GUI then edit the file.

To simplify your life, actually the nbMoments and id attributes are ignored, so you can even write it this simple:

<Parameter name="outgassing" logXinterp="false" logYinterp="false">
	<Moment t="0.001" value="0" />
	<Moment t="0.002" value="1" />
</Parameter>

Then you can run with the CLI.

For your info, Python has ready XML editing libraries where you could programmatically edit the outgassing parameter then run the file with CLI.

Good luck, Marton