Unable to access CLI

Hello,

I downloaded Molflow recently (within the past month), version 9.16, which is supposed to include the command line interface but I just can’t seem to access it. Is this an issue with molflow, or something I’m missing on my end? Screenshot provided below.

When I click in the window nothing happens, I can’t even type anything. I’m also not sure what curl http request even means.

For the CLI, launch molflowCLI.exe from a terminal (command prompt or powershell in windows), see docs: MolflowCLI Documentation - MolFlow+ / SynRad+ documentation

Thank you for your response Marton! I had absolutely no experience in this, but after doing some reading and research, I’ve familiarized myself with windows powershell a bit and I’ve figured out how to start using the CLI successfully. I’m taking advantage of the example scripts provided in the documentation as well.

Another beginner question on the CLI: is it possible to modify the CSV file name for the converted physical quantities? I’m using a loop to do multiple runs with different sticking factors, but I’d like to read the pressure on a particular facet. So it would be helpful to save a new CVS file for each iteration so I can just read it from the CVS files instead of opening each xml file in molflow to read the pressure.

Hello Alejandro,

The CSV file name is fixed, but you can either…

Rename it with the script after each iteration, for example in Powershell

Rename-Item -Path "facet_physics.csv" -NewName "facet_physics_iteration_$val.txt"

Or

define the output path to be different for each iteration with the ``outputPath` argument, for example

./molflowCLI.exe -f input.zip -t 60 -outputPath Results_iteration_$val

Good luck, Marton

1 Like