Understanding Texture Scaling

Hi Everyone! I have a question regarding the interpretation of the texture scaling. I See in the window on the right “Current” min (2.544E-10) and max (4.851E-09) pressures (Pic.1). When I export this texture to txt, I see a few values that are below that min value (Pic. 2). How should I interpret that? So far I have assumed that those low values must have slipped into the results from another facets and I deleted them.

Thank you in advance for the support!
Cheers,
Natalia

Hello Natalia, nice rf cavity!

Some texture cells are only partial, near the edges of a facet (they are cut off by the edge).

If their area is less than 20% of a full square cell, they are filtered out at the min/max calculation, to avoid too much noise on tiny partial cells.

When you export textures, you have the option to export the area. That way you can verify if my hypothesis is correct - all cells that had pressure below the displayed min should have less than a fifth of the full cell area.

Let me know if that’s not the case, cheers, Marton

Hi Marton!
Thanks a lot for the quick response! I verified it on three first cells and obviously you are right - the ones with the lowest values also had tiny area (20% of my cell size is 0.02 cm).
Cheers,
Natalia